Motor Vehicle Accident FAQ
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Motor Vehicle Accident FAQ

Answering Your Motor Vehicle Accident Questions

In addition to the physical trauma that can accompany a car, motorcycle or truck accident, you may also be suffering from stress related to not knowing what to do next. Our founding attorney at THE POLLARD FIRM, APC, helps personal injury clients through the claims process, including motor vehicle accidents.

Here are answers to a few of the most common questions we hear in our offices.

Frequently Asked Car Accident Questions

I don’t have insurance; do I have a case?

Because California laws require all drivers to be insured, it is difficult, but not impossible, for uninsured drivers to recover compensation for injuries sustained in a car accident. California’s “no pay, no play” insurance rules ban uninsured drivers from taking action to recover money for pain and suffering, and other noneconomic damages.

If you have been in a motor vehicle accident and do not have insurance, contact THE POLLARD FIRM, APC. There may be a legal approach we can pursue that secures a positive result. We will explore all options that may be available to you based on your circumstances.

I’m injured, but I can’t afford to see a doctor. What should I do?

If you have been injured in a car accident, you should get help. Treating your injuries the right way as quickly as possible can help you heal faster and limit the impact your injuries have on your long-term health. If you are seeking compensation for severe injuries, you will need to provide documentation that you received treatment and followed doctor’s orders.

In California, patients who are uninsured or meet income requirements can receive special assistance with their medical bills. Patients can negotiate with health providers for discounted rates for services or payment plans. When you work with us, we will help you navigate this process so that you have the medical support you need.

I’m hurt, but I can’t afford to be out of work. Can I still get paid?

Most settlements include compensation for lost income. It is critical to work with a skilled attorney when negotiating with an insurance company because these businesses will offer payout settlements that do not adequately cover economic damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages and property damage.

As your advocate, we will negotiate for maximum compensation because we want you to get the settlement that you deserve.

How can I get my car fixed?

If you have insurance, it’s likely that collision coverage is included in your auto insurance policy. If the vehicle damage repair costs exceed the amount allowed under your collision coverage, your insurance provider may consider your vehicle “totaled” and pay you the blue book value for your vehicle.

When you retain us, we will speak to your insurance provider about your car. As your advocate, we fight for your best interests when pursuing settlements unlike your insurance provider.

The person who hit me is uninsured; what can I do?

If the negligent driver doesn’t have car insurance, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company. Your collision coverage and uninsured motorist coverage can go a long way to paying for accident-related expenses. If you have “Med Pay” coverage, you may receive compensation for your medical bills.

It can be difficult to understand the benefits that your policies offer, which is why it is important to work with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney.

Do You Have Other Questions? Contact Us For Answers.

We want to help you get the compensation you deserve after your motor vehicle accident. Whether you have been involved in a car crash, a motorcycle wreck or a truck accident, we are qualified to represent you.

Please reach out to our team via our online form or by calling our Diamond Bar office at 909-786-0253.