As one of the leading causes of injury and death in the United States, car accidents can deeply impact your physical, mental, and financial well-being. A wreck on the road, especially when the resulting injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, can lead to intense frustration.
At The Pollard Firm, APC, our trial lawyers advocate for individuals injured in car wrecks. As fearless, compassionate car accident attorneys, we’re ready to stand in your corner, no matter where you are located in the greater LA area. Our goal is to hold insurance companies and other parties liable so that you can seek adequate compensation for your pain and suffering. Schedule your free consultation at our office in Diamond Bar today. We proudly represent clients throughout the area, including those in Pomona, San Bernardino, and Riverside, California.
Steps to Take After a Car Wreck
It can be easy to let the shock of an auto accident distract you from the steps you need to take afterward. Be sure to follow these steps:
- Get Medical Attention. It is crucial that you’re examined by a medical professional, even if you feel unhurt. Any injuries they find should be added to your insurance claim.
- Collect Necessary Information. The more you’re able to gather, the better chance you have at recovering damages. Make sure you get copies of all police reports, medical records, photos of the scene and the damaged vehicles, as well as any witnesses’ statements.
- Document Your Personal Account. Write down a record of what happened before, during, and after the injury. While it’s still fresh in your mind, noting down these smaller details can really help your case going forward.
- File an Insurance Claim. Many insurance companies have strict timelines on when car accident claims can be submitted. The sooner you report your accident, the better.
- Hire an Attorney. If your insurance provider isn’t offering you compensation, a car accident attorney can fight on your behalf to help you seek the outcome you need to move forward. That’s where we come in.
If you’ve been a victim of a car accident in Orange County, Riverside County, or anywhere in LA, you’ve suffered enough. Let us take on the heavy lifting of your case. You deserve top-notch legal counsel to help you seek fair financial compensation.